Tuesday 18 February 2014

Be Yourself

I am so drawn to this quote, every time I see it on the net. Partly, because I can relate to it in so many ways. For the longest time in my not so distant past, I was not myself. I gave up myself and my identity. I did all that for the one I thought I loved. I changed the way I talked, dressed, behaved, even relationships with my close family.

I did not even know who I was. And I strongly disliked that "me".  It was a vicious cycle that I could not get out of (it seemed at the time), but was so worth to break free. Best decision of my life, hands down.

I know for sure that some people looked up to old me. They wanted to be like me and have things that I had. Well, I would compare it to admiring a fake Louis Vuitton purse. Be careful who you admire and what you know and think who they really are. A big lesson for me - stop faking it and start living yourself with all impurities that come with your character.

Just a side note - I have been real me for for the past 4 years and never looked back.

No comments:

Post a Comment