Friday 7 February 2014

My Dream Home - Becoming Minimalist

If I had a complete and limitless choice, I would not live in a home we are now. Don't get me wrong, we love it. But there is just that little lack of light (our living room is facing north) that I really miss during any season.

Sometimes I daydream about a completely impossible home in Ottawa with high ceilings, TONS of light, and modern lines. Very few furniture pieces and cozy areas like kitchen, reading spaces, and play room.






Lately, clutter all over the house has been bugging me a LOT. One day, I just removed everything from top of the fridge and top of microwave. Yes, our microwave housed a tray with tea condiments and candy. None of that any more, finally my eyes are at ease. I hope we can get to "no toy clutter" stage in about 10-15 years.

I have been reading minimalist blogs lately. They inspire me so much. Getting rid of stuff is so liberating. Check out Becoming Minimalist. Who know, maybe I will join the "minimalist movement" too.

Do you enjoy minimalism?

No comments:

Post a Comment