Saturday 29 June 2013

De-Scaling Day


I have been wanting to do this since we got our Keurig coffee maker last October. For those who don't know, it is a magic coffee machine that makes one cup with a press of a button. And it's hot. And we love our K-Cups from Starbucks.

The reason we got one was because we (mostly I) didn't like to waste coffee after making half a pot in a regular coffee maker. And it was somewhat difficult to regulate the strength. Plus my husband was literally addicted to Starbucks espresso. I knew my husband would not give up Starbucks. So in order to entice him to spend less at SB, I got a Keurig with Starbucks K-Cups. We still occasionally indulge in the 'real' Starbucks treats, bit not nearly we used to.

Okay, enough of Keurig rant. You got my point. So what did I want to do since October? Clean and de-scale the machine! I did not want to dig out the user manual, plus I am more visual person. Hence Youtube to the rescue. I was totally expecting a cumbersome process of taking the whole thing apart. To my surprise, it was not. I washed parts by hand as I don't trust my dishwasher with the job. (What if something broke and we were left without our mighty Keurig even for a day?! Oh no, emergency state.)

And while I was at it, I used the same method for my kettle. Ah, that feels better. I am totally picturing these words from Esso car wash when I exit after luxury wash of my car.

What have you cleaned that you have been putting off for while? Any tips?


No comments:

Post a Comment