Saturday 12 October 2013

Mystery of Glass

I had wanted to try glass blowing FOREVER. This was my dream and fascination. Heat, glass, oven, and mysterious art of combining colours and transforming fluid textures into something completely new.

I always felt that glass blowing is such an ancient form of art, practiced on small European towns among wilderness on top of the hills. The art that is not accessible to every person. The art that only chosen, strong willed, and very skilled can do. 

From sand, to hot lava-like substance, to glass. All done by heating, rolling, and blowing. Isn't it a mystery?

My dream of trying this art will come true this year. I purchased a Christmas ornament glass blowing Groupon. Really looking forward to it. I will share my creation later. For now I am posting these glass blown wonders. 















No comments:

Post a Comment