Wednesday 4 December 2013

Joy of Reading

One of the sources for my inspiration, motivation, and of course knowledge is books. When I go to a public library, I feel like a kid in a toy store. So many books to read, and so little time in life! There is one big difference from the toy store - everything is free.

I was not too keen on reading in middle school. The amount of required reading in Eastern Europe school program was unbelievable. Summer reading, after school reading, weekend reading, you name it. Not to mention that the regular program included three literature classes every term. At times it felt so daunting. At times, the book selection was so mature and that I had no brain or development to properly process and understand what I was reading at my fifteen.

To me, reading became a chore and something I had to do for school in order to get good grades. And not something I enjoyed. This quickly changed after I finished my university and other certification programs (which required a ton of technical reading). I slowly started getting into pleasure reading.

I became a book junkie during my maternity leave. I just could not get enough. Plus it was convenient during all those long breastfeeding sessions or naps.

Now I regularly go to the library to pick my new books of the month. Oh, in case you wondered, I am the paper-real-feel-book kinda girl. SO old fashioned with such a great Kindle selection out there. While it seems the whole world had transitioned into electronic reading, I still cannot cross the line. I still love flipping the real pages, put bookmarks, and read covers and author's bio over and over.

The joy of reading what I want is indescribable.

So here is what am I reading now or recently returned.

"My passion for design" by Barbara Streisand


"The Whole-Brain Child" by Daniel Siegel




What are you reading and when do you do it? Evening, bath, breaks, lunch, never?

No comments:

Post a Comment