Thursday 6 June 2013

Oh Yes, It's June!

Photo credit

Long evenings, warm air (well maybe not so warm lately in Ottawa area), and lots of fresh cherries.
I am in love with all the ripe summer fruits that the nature gracefully gifts us every single year. Juicy watermelons, honeydew, farm strawberries, and more. So you ask, what do kids and I plan to do this month?

Here is a small list. Would you like to try some of these?

1. Walk, run, and ride bikes. Take every opportunity to be outside during this gorgeous weather.

2. Exercise. I know, sounds not so much summer thing, but it has got to be done. My husband and I worked on a plan so that we both can go to the gym and spend some family time each week.

3. Play in the backyard and front yard. Water, bubbles, hose, picnic, play kitchen, everything goes.

4. Read The Spark: A Mother’s Story of Nurturing Genius by Kristine Barnett. It’s an amazing true story about the power of hope and a mother’s ability to find the true potential that lies within every child.  I placed a hold at the library today, guess what number I am? 292 on 14 copies. Crazzzy. But really want to get my hands on this book.

5. East ice cream. The title says it all.

6. Rejuvenate with my husband for a whole day at the spa. No kids allowed.

7. Add summer radiance by putting on facial bronzer. We all know tanning and UV rays age your skin, especially on the face. I had always used one by Yves Rocher, but this year I decided to try Honey Bronze Gel for Face by Body Shop. My order shipped today, an I am so anxious. Did I mention I am in love with Body Shop? I should probably work for them. More on this later :)

8. Go strawberry picking to one of the local farms, IF the weather cooperates and we get some warm sunshine for a few weeks.

What are your thoughts? Anything planned for this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment